Co-Founders of SC&S

Co-Founders of SC&S

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A few extra LITTLE hands in the Kitchen!

Well, it's spring break and I managed to make my way out to East Texas. While Haley was off relaxing  down in Fredricksburg enjoying the break with a few other friends, and apparently spending time being quite the equestrian (boy I sure wish I could of seen her getting on and off a horse, ha :-)  I was posted up at Nanny's house scrapbooking, and finding time to cook a few things! Since Haley was gone I had to find a few other helpers to stir alongside me therefore, I reached out to my cousins Madison (3yrs old) and Lauren (going on 2yrs old) for the all the stirring and pouring assistance I needed. I added a small video clip debuting the "Little Baker" herself...Madison Grace giving us all the necessary components for our "No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies."

In Case you didn't catch all that :-) Here is the written recipe...especially for you, "Gotta see it written down before I can understand it" kind of people

1 stick of REAL butter
2c sugar
3tbsp of coco (I prefer to use Hershey's CoCo
2tbsp of corn syrup (makes the cookies good and creamy)
1/2c of milk
1/4 Heaping cup of Peanut Butter
1c of oats
1tbs of vanilla
**Make sure in the midst of getting your ingredients out that you lay out a good size piece of wax paper to plop the cookies on when the no baking is done **


                                                  















Melt one stick of butter in a pan on low heat (make sure the stick of butter actually gets melted and the little hands that are helping you aren't trying to eat the stick of butter.)














Once the butter is melted start adding first the coco, sugar, milk, and corn syrup. Once those things are added turn heat up to about medium high and wait about 5-6 minutes until your delicious chocolate mixture starts to boil, stirring periodically.
**In a short time of simply boiling chocolate for 5 mins I got a little taste of what it's like to be a grandmother, and to have a little tot hanging on your leg beggin to be picked up... it's a tough job but somebodys gotta do it.














Once the mixture is at a good boil pull the pan off the burner and add... in this order (Nanny's orders) first the peanut butter, followed by the vanilla, then the oats.

Stir quickly... Put a little elbow grease into the stirring while your at it... let me quickly say...True story... I once thought elbow grease came in a can, I was lookin for it in the garage, where I was quickly corrected by my pops who said "You're suppose to be a country girl, elbow grease means  put a little hard work in to it...embarrassing moment I know!!! Anyways moving on.. After the help of elbow grease, and everything is mixed in take the pan over to your wax paper and start droppin and ploppin those cookies down!! They will harden quickly and in an instant they will be creamy, hot, and ready to devour!!!









                        




*** Best enjoyed with a big ole glass of cow milk... or a Jug of it if you prefer :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment