Co-Founders of SC&S

Co-Founders of SC&S

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Crock Pot Roast!

I know what you're thinking.... it's been FOREVER!  Please forgive us!
  However, you must know that we have been cooking.....we just haven't been blogging about our latest cooking adventures.  Also, we feel it's important to remind you that not all of our cooking attempts will turn out as great we'd hoped.  Therefore, rest assured that even if we don't provide you with fabulous recipes you'll want to use time and time again, we will share our screw ups and occasional blonde moments.  Today's blog is a lesson in what you should not do to a roast.

 I had never in my life cooked a roast before this attempt.  However, since my brother has recently moved to town. I figured I should make him a home cooked meal like he was used to eating.  I bought this special seasoning from Homemade Gourmet called "Sunday Roast Seasoning".  Everyone at school was raving about it, so I figured it was worth a try.  I pretty much followed the recipe on the seasoning packet.  I use the term "pretty much" because I don't know what I was doing when I added water to the crock pot.  Did you know you can add to much water?  Well, you can.  As you can see below, I cut up a couple pounds of roast, carrots, red potatoes, and green beans.  Personally, I was not a fan of fresh green beans with my pot roast, but figured I'd give it a try.  Next time, I will not be adding the green beans to the mix.  




The picture below illustrates how water happy I became during this process.


Regardless of a possible roast drowning, we still managed to keep this 
cowboy going back for seconds!  









No comments:

Post a Comment